Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two Things...

1) I was selected to pin on Staff Sergeant. That's E5, the same rank my dad was when he RETIRED after 20 years. Hopefully I'll make at least E6 before I do the same. A little less than half of the eligible Senior Airmen were selected so odds were pretty good, but still, it's cool that I made it.

I always wondered where I would be and what I would be doing when I passed the test and made the rank. I don't think I REALLY thought I would still be at my first duty station, in my first enlistment term, doing the same job but with two kids and four bedroom house. It's cool.

I haven't been promoted yet though. That should happen next time I deploy I think. It'll be great. I'll be out there and one day I'll be a SrA, the next day I'll be a SSGT. I'm going to need to order new nametags...

2) I finally figured out Nike+. The problem I was having with it was that I KNEW I was walking significantly further than I was getting credit for and frankly, it's disheartening. So I looked online for troubleshooting and whereas some people were saying it measures by impact and the strongest impact is in the sole of your shoe so get out a knife and cut out a niche in your shoe for the sensor, I also found a significantly less intrusive way of just turning the sensor over. Turns out this is a common problem. I guess Apple and Nike think you'll KNOW which way to put it in whatever case you do or that it even matters.

Well, it does matter. The difference is last time I got credit for 1.2 miles I think and this time I went 4.13 miles. That's a big difference and once again, I'm inspired to get back on this thing.

-Russ

No comments: